What is expungement?In the State of Texas, there are certain instances where you can have your criminal records returned to you or destroyed. This is referred to as “expungement,” and is only available if:
- A criminal charge against you has been dismissed
- You have been found not guilty of a criminal charge
- You have been pardoned
- Someone used your name when they were arrested (theft of your identity)
- You are a minor charged with your first drinking offense
- You are a minor who has successfully completed a deferred sentence.
Expungement is a great benefit to criminal defendants. It is the position of many criminal defense attorneys that the opportunity to expunge criminal records should be taken if at all possible. Why? For many reasons, such as:
- if you successfully expunge your criminal records you can legally deny that you were ever arrested or charged
How Austin Criminal Defense Attorney, Eric Lim, Can Help Expunge Criminal RecordsCriminal defense lawyer, Eric Lim, helps many clients get their records expunged. Of course, expungement is only available if certain criteria are met. As your criminal expungement attorney, Eric Lim will take the time to interview you and determine whether you are eligible to have your criminal records expunged. If you are eligible, he will handle the expunction in a timely and professional manner.
Expungement is a very detailed topic and as a criminal attorney, Eric Lim fields lots of questions about how expungement can work for people. Austin criminal defense attorney, Eric Lim, is available to help individuals who would like a record seal or expungement. For a free legal consultation, please call (512) 686-6LIM (546), to schedule an appointment to visit with criminal lawyer Eric Lim.