Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Crimal Defense Lawyer
Here are the Top 10 questions you should ask your Criminal Defense Lawyer:
- 10. What percentage of your practice is devoted to criminal law?
- 9. Do you handle matters other than criminal cases? For example: Wills, Personal Injury, Tax, Divorce/Child custody cases.
- 8. Do you take court appointments from the Judge on my case? If you do, do you think that you can aggressively defend me in front of that Judge and not worry about the consequences?
- 7. Are you committed to seeing my case through trial, if necessary?
- 6. What experience do you have defending criminal cases? Do you often meet your client’s expectations?
- 5. What do your clients say about you? Do your criminal defense clients recommend you to their friends, family and to other clients?
- 4. How often do you set cases for trial?
- 3. How many criminal cases have you tried to a jury? How many felony cases have you tried? How many misdemeanor case have you tried?
- 2. Have you ever worked as a prosecutor? How do you feel like that experience contributes to defending the same types of cases that you prosecuted?
- 1. How many active cases are you working on right now? Do you feel like you will have enough time for my case?